I'm having to miss the Hawks game tonight because all the damn TVs in the house are being used that have satellite hooked up to them. Maybe a little later, I'll be able to watch some of the action. I just hope that we continue to play physical, to move with a flow about us, to continue to pass the puck proficiently, and for Crawford to continue his stellar play at goaltender.
Man, was that depressing to watch the way the Hawks game went. Our offense was nowhere to be seen or heard from. Carolina played absolutely perfect defense. Thank God we go back to Chicago and get the Predators for a little "Trick or Treat" action. Hopefully, it's more "Treat" than "Trick."
My thoughts on the Carolina game, the Hawks can't play for shit in a morgue. Positive or negative crowd noise gets them pumped. Playing down south where nobody gives a crap is horrible for them and they usually play like they just finished Thanksgiving dinner and need a nap.
Originally Posted by Dagan81
That was just a bad game vs the hurricanes but we rebounded with a blue jacket beat down.
I haven't really noticed that, but it's entirely plausible. They obviously play well at the United Center because it's home turf and very loud. That loudness probably helps them in hostile environments as well.
Originally Posted by vmx12
Sadly, there aren't any teams outside of Nashville in the Southeast that really care about pro hockey. And even Nashville faced a scare a few years ago when the Sommet group threatened to move the franchise to Hamilton, Ontario. Now, Nashville is one of the feistiest crowds in the NHL, a testament I can personally attest to after watching the Hawks play there in January of 2009, when they lost to the Preds, 4-0.
I just want to post in this thread now so I don't seem like a band wagon jumper later.
Gordie Howe would be proud you right now.
Originally Posted by BigClaws
Since I don't get the Hawks where I live, how have they been playing 4th?
Good energy game for the Hawks last night. The Preds always give the Hawks troubles because they use 2 forecheckers in the D zone forcing the defensemen to make quick decisions. Hawks D looked good last night. Kane was phenominal last night. He really is more dynamic as a centerman than a winger.
Disappointments in the game:
1) 0-7 on the power play including 2 5-3's. While they had a lot of shots during the second 5-3, Rinne made big saves to thwart the Hawks.
2) After taking the lead on Bickell's goal, the Hawks looked like the relaxed a bit and allowed the Preds to tie the game.
3) Crawford didn't have a great game. His misplay of the puck in the 1st lead to a Preds score. I thought another of the Preds goals was a little soft. Seems Corey might be pressing a little. Trying to do too much.
Positives in the game:
1) Hawks played fast on all lines. They skated well and were aggressive moving the puck. Lots of energy.
2) Kane - puck possession was incredible
3) Leddy - continues to elevate his game
4) Stalberg - game winning goal in OT, but more importantly, used his speed, size and quick feet to generate the scoring chance
Hawks off to a good start this season. Hope Keith's upper body injury isn't something serious. LePisto had a nice game last night.
High Fives / Like - 2 High Fives, 0 Dislikes
I remember Kane saying he was going to start taking things more serious or something like that. He's been outstanding this year also looks like he's been hitting the weights, not getting knocked off the puck this year nearly as much as before.
Let's hope Keith's injury is serious.